For the 2021 NANA calendar, we will feature photos taken by NANA shareholders. The photos should showcase aspects of the NANA region, including Iñupiaq culture, activities, landscapes, animals and people. Our goal is to collect photos from our shareholder communities: Ambler, Buckland, Deering, Kiana, Kivalina, Kobuk, Kotzebue, Noatak, Noorvik, Selawik, Shungnak and out-of-region. Please read through the contest specifications below and submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This photo contest is open to NANA shareholders only, regardless of age and/or location.
- Photos in landscape/horizontal format are preferred.
- Photos must have been taken in 2019 or 2020.
- Five photos maximum can be submitted per shareholder.
- Photos must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Photos must be submitted with all required information listed under “submissions” below.
- Photographs must be in digital format, with a .jpg or .png file type. If taken on a phone, ensure the resolution is at least 5 megapixels. Most phones from the last 5 years should meet this requirement.
- No borders, frames, watermarks or signatures may be added.
- By submitting a photo, you consent that your photo may be published by NANA in promotional materials at the company’s discretion without compensation to you.
Submit a maximum of five photos at email@example.com. The information below is required for each submission and must be included for the photo to be considered:
- Name and contact information of photographer
- Name of any people in the photos, if applicable
- Location where the photo was taken
- Description of what is shown in the photo
- Date photo was taken
Deadline to submit: Sunday, Oct. 18, 2020
A committee of NANA employees will be selected as judges. All entries will be judged on technique, content and originality. The judges’ decisions will be final. All shareholders who submit photos will be entered into a prize drawing.
PHOTO RELEASE DISCLAIMER
By submitting photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree that NANA has permission to publish your photo in promotional material. Credit will be given to the photographer in the 2021 calendar. Once winning photos are selected, NANA will confirm the consent of the photographer and any identifiable person shown in the photos before the calendar is published.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering this contest, photographers grant NANA Regional Corporation, Inc. a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, publish, display, distribute, reproduce, edit, adapt and create derivative works of the submitted photograph, in whole or in part, in any media now known or hereafter discovered, including in use on websites, in publications and for promotional purposes, without compensation or prior notice to you, your successor or assigns, or any other person or entity. Entering a submission in this contest constitutes your irrevocable assignment, conveyance, and transference to NANA of these rights. Questions can be sent to email@example.com or call the NANA communications department at (907) 265-4176.