Red Dog Operations has enacted enhanced COVID-19 response measures following a number of positive tests of employees and contractors at site.
- Expanded on-site COVID-19 testing capacity
- Enhanced disinfection and cleaning of living and workspaces
- As of September 15, all personnel at site have been placed on the Worker Protection Program, which includes:
- All personnel must wear a KN95 face mask and maintain social distancing of six feet or more in public places.
- All dining and recreation areas are closed.
- All personnel are required to eat their meals in their rooms.
- All individuals with positive test results are in isolation*. Anyone identified as having had close contact with these individuals will be quarantined** and undergo COVID-19 testing.
- Employees travelling to local communities in the region are required to be tested twice and will require two confirmed negative tests before departing. Personnel are strongly advised to also follow their community’s COVID-19 mandates when returning home.
- Additional COVID-19 testing is being conducted at site.
- All employees who can work remotely are being transitioned to remote work.
- A ‘real-time’ body temperature monitoring system was installed, including four thermal imaging cameras as a means of early symptom detection.
These precautions will continue to be assessed. With respect to the requirement for all personnel to remain on the Worker Protection Program after a negative COVID-19 test on the day of travel, this will be assessed once the site has achieved 14 days with no new COVID-19 positive test results.
Red Dog Operations is focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and the communities in which they live. Red Dog Operations is following response protocols to ensure the health and safety of all personnel at the operation is maintained. We are also working with public health authorities and taking precautionary steps to manage the risk of transmission.
COVID-19 case status at Red Dog – Updated October 16, 2020
|Red Dog Active Cases at Site||Red Dog Active Cases in region||Red Dog Active Cases out of region||Recovered||Total|
* An individual in isolation or self-isolation has tested positive for COVID-19
** An individual in quarantine has been identified as having had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19