Please be advised that Red Dog Operations is enacting enhanced COVID-19 response measures following further positive cases this week.
- As of September 15, all personnel at site have been placed on the Worker Protection Protocol, which includes:
- All personnel must wear a face mask and maintain social distancing of six feet or more in public places.
- All dining and recreation areas are closed.
- All personnel are required to eat their meals in their rooms.
- All outbound regional air travel from Red Dog to regional communities is suspended. All employees will be required to travel to Anchorage for their R&R. Teck Alaska will arrange accommodations and meals at Teck approved hotels for regional employees who take their R&R in Anchorage.
- Additional COVID-19 testing is being conducted at site. Enhanced disinfection and cleaning of living and work spaces.
- Positions that were identified as being able to work effectively from home during the previous hunker down plan will be re-evaluated and may be asked to do so again.
These precautions will remain in place until Red Dog has had no new COVID-19 cases for a period of 14 consecutive days.
These measures are being enacted following positive COVID-19 tests for contractor employees at Red Dog Operations.
- On September 15 and 16, Red Dog was notified of five COVID-19 positive test results (including the one announced yesterday) for contractor employees at Red Dog.
- All individuals with positive results are in isolation.
- Anyone identified as having had close contact with these individuals will be quarantined and undergo COVID-19 testing.
As of September 16, Red Dog Operations has 6 active COVID-19 cases. To date, there have been a total of 17 personnel with positive COVID-19 tests at site and 4 offsite cases.
We remain focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and the communities in which they live. Red Dog Operations is following established response protocols to ensure the health and safety of all personnel at the operation is maintained. We are also working onsite and with public health authorities and taking precautionary steps to manage the risk of transmission, including:
We will continue to closely monitor this situation and provide further updates to employees, contractors and community leadership as necessary.
General Manager, Red Dog Operations