NANA has negotiated an agreement with Vitus Energy lowing the cost of fuel for NANA’s office buildings and the Nullaġvik Hotel to reduce operational costs. The agreement allows the Corporation to pass along a fuel reward to NANA shareholders in the region. Shareholders may choose to take advantage of this cost saving program to receive a discount. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below to learn more about the program and how to participate.
WHAT IS THE NANA FUEL REWARD PROGRAM?
NANA has to purchase fuel for our office buildings and the Nullaġvik Hotel in the NANA region. Because the Corporation is buying large amounts of fuel, staff was able to negotiate a bulk rate with Vitus Energy. As part of that agreement, NANA asked Vitus to include a discounted rate per gallon for NANA shareholders who sign up with Vitus. The program is optional and NANA shareholders will be making a personal choice to participate, shareholders will also be responsible for their own heating and fuel bills. NANA shareholders have the option to use Vitus Energy for their heating fuel services and will receive a discounted rate from Vitus.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Beginning January 1, 2015, NANA shareholders can earn .20 per gallon on qualified purchases from Vitus to be applied to the shareholder’s next order. Orders can be placed on the Vitus website www.kotzebuefuel.com or from enrollment in the keep full program.
In order for a purchase to qualify, the following criteria must be met:
1. NANA Shareholders must order residential heating fuel for delivery in Kotzebue AK.
2. Only residential heating fuel delivered to the Shareholder’s residence and paid with a credit card in the Shareholder’s name are eligible. Only one residence per shareholder will be accepted. For Shareholder’s without a Kotzebue residence, delivery in the Vitus Energy LLC yard in Kotzebue is acceptable. Delivery in the Vitus yard is only available on Tuesdays between 8am and 9am.
3. Claim for the NANA Shareholder Reward program must be made at the time of order.
4. This reward does not combine with any other special price, discount, rebate or other reward program.
TO USE REWARDS:
1. NANA shareholders must continue to order heating fuel for residential delivery in Kotzebue. A qualified order will earn rewards for the NEXT order.
2. Vitus will apply valid rewards to the Shareholders next qualified order.
Example: Shareholder orders 100 gallons of heating fuel on January 15. A credit of $20 ($.20 X 100 gallons) will be place on their account. On January 30 the shareholder purchased another 100 gallons. A credit for the $20 we be placed on the customer credit card. In addition they would earn another $20 credit for this current order.
Example for shareholders who do not live in Kotzebue: Shareholder wants to purchase two 50 gallon drums of heating fuel on January 15 and wants to receive the reward that day, they would create two separate orders (one order for each drum). A credit of $10 ($.20 X 50 gallons) from the first order will be placed on their account. They can then use the $10 credit on the second order allowing them to receive the reward that day.
Vitus reserves the right to verify claims for reward, and terminate from eligibility anyone willfully misusing the reward program. Examples of misuse include purchasing fuel for friends in order to get the reward or reselling reward fuel for a profit.
I DON’T LIVE IN KOTZEBUE, WHY CAN’T WE GET THIS IN MY COMMUNITY?
NANA is working hard to find ways of bringing a similar program to regional communities. We appreciate your patience on this matter
THE PRICE OF OIL IS DROPPING – DOES THE RATE GO DOWN WITH THE PRICE OF OIL OR IS IT FIXED?
The agreement is for a set discount. So as the price fluctuates our set discount is deducted from the current price of heating fuel.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, WHO CAN I TALK TO?
If you have any questions, you can contact Damon Schaeffer at the NANA office in Kotzebue at (907) 442-3301.